A platform to run private unannounced Honeypots as Tor Hidden Services (aka Onion Decoys) inside the Tor Network.
The Onion Decoys are implemented with Docker containers as honeypots. The reason to choose Docker is that it is good at process and filesystem isolation, which ultimately gives the ability to run more services on the same box instead of having to deal with resource intensive virtual machines. Also, Docker containers can easily be made very clean, containing no identifying data and having uptimes that are different from the host they’re running in, which makes it difficult to get identified from outside.
Onion Decoy Installation Steps
- Install Ubuntu Server 16.04
- Install the following Dependencies:
sudo apt-get install apache2-utils apparmor apt-transport-https aufs-tools bash-completion build-essential ca-certificates cgroupfs-mount curl dialog dnsutils docker.io dstat ethtool genisoimage git glances html2text htop iptables iw libltdl7 lm-sensors man nginx-extras nodejs npm ntp openssh-server openssl syslinux psmisc pv python-pip vim wireless-tools wpasupplicant
- Run the following command:
sudo apt-get update
- Copy the OnionDecoy/Installer Repository contents to /root/OD_Installer
- Give necessary executable permissions to /root/OD_Installer:
sudo -i nautilus
- Execuite the Installation Script:
- After System Reboot, execute the Decoy Setup Script from the home directory:
cd /home/$(SUDO_USER) or $USER or whoami sudo ./setup.sh
Leave a Reply