LiMEaide is a python application designed to remotely dump RAM of a Linux client and create a volatility profile for later analysis on your local host. I hope that this will simplify Linux digital forensics in a remote environment. In order to use LiMEaide all you need to do is feed a remote Linux client IP address, sit back, and consume your favorite caffeinated beverage.
Well how does it work?
- Make a remote connection with specified client over SHH
- Transfer necessary build files to the remote machine
- Build the memory scrapping Loadable Kernel Module (LKM) LiME
- LKM will dump RAM
- Transfer RAM dump and RAM maps back to host
- Build a Volatility profile
Leave a Reply